Pay and Compensation
The City of Osage Beach maintains an employment classification and compensation system that assists in recruiting, retaining, and rewarding qualified employees. This system establishes wage and salary ranges that are competitive with the labor market for each individual position. All non-elected employment positions are included in the system.
Pay adjustment benefits for City employees include:
- Merit Increases - Based on periodic performance evaluations
- Overtime/Comp Time - Compensation for non-exempt employee work in excess of standard workweek as regulated by the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Flex Time - Temporary altering of workweek to maintain standard workweek
- Tuition Reimbursement - Reimbursement for job related course work for degree seeking employees (service obligations apply)
- Education Incentive - Incentive pay for degrees/certifications/training in addition to those required for the job
- Travel & Expense - Reimbursement for continued training authorized for business
- Uniform/Dress - Includes uniforms, safety equipment, and/or other appropriate equipment or dress mandatory by specific departments
Full-time employees shall receive vacation credit based on years of service at the following rates:
- At completion of first (1st) year - 1 times the number of hours in a standard workweek, excluding overtime
- At completion of second (2nd) year - 2 times the number of hours in a standard workweek, excluding overtime; repeats each following year up to the completion of the seventh (7th) year
- At completion of eighth (8th) year - 3 times the number of hours in a standard workweek, excluding overtime; repeats each following year up to the completion of the thirteenth (13th) year
- At completion of the fourteenth (14th) year - 4 times the number of hours in a standard workweek, excluding overtime
Personal - Full-time employees shall be granted the benefit of personal leave to allow for time to be taken during normal working hours to handle personal tasks. Personal leave is accrued during full-time, paid leave status on a monthly basis and shall equal one standard work day (8 or 12 hours, depending on each specific department's standard workweek).
Other Paid and Unpaid Leave
- Worker's Compensation
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Educational Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Leave
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Employee requested Leave of Absence w/o pay
- New Year's Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Birthday
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday Following Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Any Friday immediately following a holiday listed above that falls on a Thursday
Health, Dental & Vision
Insurance - The City provides the following insurance benefits to full-time employees at no cost to the employee.
- Short Term Disability - 66 2/3% of weekly earnings, maximum $300 per week, for 26 weeks
- Group Life
- Medical Reimbursement - $250 annually
Health, Dental, and Life coverage for spouse and dependents are available for an additional cost. The City will contribute a significant amount to the cost of dependent health insurance.
Full-time employees with proof of outside health insurance coverage may opt out of the City's health insurance program and will be paid an incentive of forty percent (40%) of the cost of the City's single coverage.
Cafeteria Plan - Additional supplemental insurance policies are available through American Fidelity, such as accident, cancer, additional short term disability, major medical, and intensive care plans are available pre-tax, if applicable, through automatic payroll deduction.
City Contribution - The City provides full-time employees six percent (6%) of gross wages to a 401(a) Retirement Plan through ICMA Retirement Corp, as outlined under Section 401(a) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. The plan does not require an employee match and has a five (5) year vesting period.
Employee Contribution - Additional voluntary election may be made to participate in the 457 Retirement Plan through ICMA Retirement Corp. by full-time employees either with pre-tax monies (IRA) and/or post-tax monies (ROTH IRA).